/u/ - Oblig #2
2009/09/26 - 23:27
Okay, so I've done quite a few extensions from the original task. Here's a quick summary of sorts.
- If you spawn a house on a lot that hasn't been bought yet, you are offered to buy the lot at the same time
- When creating houses / buying lots, you can pick from known companies/housetypes sorted by popularity
- Also, I added batch management of houses/lots etc. The app automagically continues on to next item.
- Furthermore, I added two different maps. One based on companies, the other on constructions.
Both maps show symbols (with legends listing) showing which company has houses where.
- Added a few more items to the statistics display.
- Separate class for I/O to cater for error catching, feedback on typos etc.
- Which sorting algorithm should we go for? How about inplace mergesort? Yeah, that sounds good.
- I really couldn't help myself. Adding save/load support was too tempting. A godsend during beta testan.
- Finally, I added support for colours in VT100-compatible terminals (UNIX and derivatives)
Commented in english, won't translate to durrwegian until I have to.
Warning: Vast amounts of redundant and/or stale code ahead. Proceed at own risk.
v1.0 - 2009/09/28 - 00:26:14 - UI translated to norwegian, minor comments/formatting cleanup.
v0.9 - 2009/09/27 - 00:27:06 - Everything in english, mostly finished.